A clear way forward
Family matters can be painful and distressing, particularly when there are children involved. The emotional toll can be great and the legal and financial implications significant.
At Baker Wilson we understand that your situation is unique and can provide you with the support and assistance you need when you need it most. Our approach is highly-personal, sensitive and confidential. We’ll listen to your concerns and work with you to identify, progress through and address the issues.
We have a great deal of experience in managing a wide range of family matters and can advise on divorce, property settlements, parenting orders, financial agreements, adoption, domestic violence and abuse. We are sympathetic to your needs and can provide you with certainty, assurance and an understanding of how the law applies to your situation.
Our aim is to provide you with a clear way forward, minimising the emotional strain with understanding and sound advice about your circumstances and obligations.
Our family law services include:
- Advice regarding our client’s legal rights and obligations and the implications of separation and/or divorce
- Advice regarding the various ways to resolve relationship issues without necessarily going to court
- Assistance with mediation and other ways of resolving disputes
- Developing and formalising agreements between parties who have separated
- Acting on our client’s behalf and representing them in court proceedings if required in relation to divorce, property settlement, maintenance and parenting matters
- Providing advice to clients in same sex or de facto relationships regarding legal rights and obligations in the advent of a relationship breakdown
- Preparing prenuptial agreements for clients entering a marriage
- Advising and representing clients who have been subjected to domestic violence or abuse
To find out more, please contact our Family Law Specialist: